Thursday, June 12, 2014

Man attempted to fake own death with dead dog dressed in his clothes

Police in China are investigating a curious incident where a would-be fraudster used a dead dog's body to try to fake his own death in a road crash.



Officers in Rizhao, Shandong Province detained a man for attempting to fake his death by staging a hit-and-run accident using a dog carcass dressed in his clothes. The suspect surnamed Li told authorities he hatched the grizzly plan so he could abandon his family and start a new life with his lover.

"I bought a dead dog, skinned it and cut off its head. I wrapped it in my clothes," Li told police, "I just wanted my [family members] to think I was dead." Juxian county police found his sedan on a roadside near Zhaoxian. Dog parts, blood and clothes trailed on the road, giving the appearance that Li had been run over and the driver had fled the scene.



While police traced the car as belonging to Li, DNA tests indicated the remains were in fact those of a dog. Li was apprehended a few days later in Ji'nan, where they found he had opened another bank account. No official charges have been pressed against Li at present.

No comments: