Friday, October 04, 2013

Domino the dog waits for his dinner


YouTube link.

Many people seem to be experiencing a problem where all YouTube videos are muted by default. To get around this, simply open a video at YouTube in a single browser and move the slider to the required volume, This should mean other videos you view elsewhere, embedded or not can be heard automatically. Alternatively, adjust the volume of a video, (here for instance), then refresh the page and all the videos will be unmuted. Hopefully YouTube will sort this out soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Followed your instructions and it fixed the sound problem on the videos. Thanks.

arbroath said...

You're very welcome, Anonymous.

It's only a temporary fix but it seems to work.

Nancy said...

Thanks! Thought it was me!

arbroath said...

Initially I thought it was just me too, Nancy.

I was quite pleased to discover it wasn't after spending far too long trying to fix something with my computer that wasn't broken.

Barbwire said...

I was afraid I would have to buy new speakers. And mine are only 12 years old!

arbroath said...

Heh heh, mine are only 15-years-old. :)

Anonymous said...

I happen to LOVE the default to be mute on videos, vs maximum volume by default. It is so much safer no matter where you are for the volume to be your choice to turn on or leave off. I'd much rather be forced to turn the volume up than have to turn it down. --A.